Baby suffers 3rd degree burns in fire
NAPOLEONVILLE- A 6 month old baby is at a Baton Rouge burn unit, with third degree burns on 70% of her body.
Sheriff's deputies say the baby was sleeping with blankets that caught fire in the living room.
They believe an electrical space heater ignited the flames.
The mother was away from the residence at the time of the fire, but returned to find the baby covered in flames.
The baby's 22-year old Aunt was sleeping.
No charges are filed, but it remains under investigation.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Sheriff: Honorable teen stabbed with steak knife in rebellious attack
Chief says he won't serve warrant for deputy accused of racial slur
Republican candidates take aim at each other during anti-lawsuit forum
International company leaving Port Allen for Livingston Parish
Police: Teens playing with gun when one killed