WBRZ News

Baby suffers 3rd degree burns in fire

Font size

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 12:12 PM by Breanna Biehl
Source:

  Rating: 0.0 (0 votes)

Topics: electrical heater, napoleonville, baby, fire, third degree burns

NAPOLEONVILLE- A 6 month old baby is at a Baton Rouge burn unit, with third degree burns on 70% of her body.

Sheriff's deputies say the baby was sleeping with blankets that caught fire in the living room.

They believe an electrical space heater ignited the flames.

The mother was away from the residence at the time of the fire, but returned to find the baby covered in flames.

The baby's 22-year old Aunt was sleeping.

No charges are filed, but it remains under investigation.

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular