Authorities: Death toll in earthquake that struck central Italy has risen to 291
ASCOLI PICENO, Italy - Authorities say the death toll in the earthquake that stuck central Italy has risen to 291 after a man being treated in a hospital succumbed to his injuries.
The Civic Protection agency said the man had been receiving treatment at a hospital in Perugia.
Funerals have begun in Italy for some victims of the earthquake. Italy is observing Saturday as a day of national mourning for those killed by the quake.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Coursey Blvd. gardening business vandalized, owner says more than $10,000 in damages
Officers, teens discuss difficult issues at Baton Rouge conference
EBR sheriff's deputy changing tire goes viral
New Roads community commemorates Memorial Day with a 'blessing of the boats'
Crews respond to fire at abandoned house on Lobelia Avenue