Australia focuses on both Malaysian jet disasters
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia says the hunt for the Malaysian airliner that vanished off the Australian coast continues uninterrupted despite the top search official shifting his attention to recovering bodies from the Ukraine air disaster.
Angus Houston heads Australia's Joint Agency Coordination Center, which oversees the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 that is believed to have crashed in the Indian Ocean in March 8 after veering far off course.
The former Australian defense chief was on Wednesday in the Ukraine town of Kharkiv as the prime minister's special envoy to receive the bodies of Australian victims of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 which was shot down last week by a suspected surface-to-air missile.
Transport Minister Warren Truss said in a statement on Wednesday the search for Flight 370 "continues uninterrupted."
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
More than $185,000 raised in Unite for Our Heroes Telethon
More than $160,000 raised in Unite for Our Heroes Telethon
West Baton Rouge school board offered free lunch for law enforcment
Hundreds gather for vigil for 3 slain officers
Financial help coming to families of fallen law enforcement heroes