Attorney: Donald Sterling says no deal; suit is on
LOS ANGELES, Ca. - An attorney for Donald Sterling says the Los Angeles Clippers owner has pulled his support from a deal to sell the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and will pursue his $1 billion federal lawsuit against the NBA.
Attorney Maxwell Blecher says Monday that Sterling "instructed (us) to prosecute the lawsuit" and the deal's off.
The $2 billion sale was negotiated by wife Shelly Sterling after Donald Sterling's racist remarks to a girlfriend were publicized and the NBA moved to oust him as owner. The lawsuit alleges the league violated his constitutional rights, antitrust laws and committed breach of contract.
Donald Sterling agreed to ink the deal and drop the suit last week, but then decided against it after learning the NBA won't revoke its lifetime ban and fine.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
More than $160,000 raised in Unite for Our Heroes Telethon
West Baton Rouge school board offered free lunch for law enforcment
Hundreds gather for vigil for 3 slain officers
Financial help coming to families of fallen law enforcement heroes
Metro Council members oppose police residency requirements