Ascension Parish president announces top 10 projects for the year
GONZALES - Ascension Parish President Kenny Matassa announced Monday that his administration will focus on ten top projects to complete this year.
1) Road projects involving the St. Landry Road/Endenborne extension and the St. Landry Road/Ashland Road connector to ease traffic congestion along Hwy. 30.
2) Two waste water projects: an upgrade and connection of waste water treatment facilities in Darrow and Hillaryville and the construction of a waste water discharge line into the Mississippi River to reduce the impairment of interior waterways and treatment costs.
3) Levee projects at the Astroland Subdivision and Laurel Ridge.
4) The implementation of traffic impact fees on new developments.
5) The creation of a traffic master plan.
6) The acquisition of People’s Water Service Company in Donaldsonville.
7) The construction of a multi-purpose athletic complex at Lamar-Dixon.
8) A complete survey and evaluation of parish government, including salary ranges, job descriptions, and manpower usage.
9) A complete review and assessment of parish ordinances.
10) A software update to parish government’s Finance Department.
Matassa said that getting things done in the parish is a “real measure of success.”
“The people are ready for action on roads, sewer, drainage, transparency, and a better quality of life. That’s what we are going to get done this year,” Matassa said in a statement outlining the plans.