Ascension Parish officials release storm debris pick-up schedule
GONZALES - Debris pickup following last week's severe storms is entering day 2 in Ascension Parish with locations announced by parish officials Tuesday.
The schedule for debris removal efforts through Wednesday in the parish is as follows:
Zone 1 North West Crew 1
1. All streets north of 42 from 61 to 44.
2. All streets south of 42 and north of Post Office / Causey from 61 to 44.
Zone 2 North East Crew 2
1. All streets south of 931 and north of 621 between 44 and 431
2. All streets north of 931 and south of 933 between 44 and Joe Sevario.
3. All streets on 931 heading north.
Zone 3 South West Crew 3
1. All streets on 943.
2. All streets on 944 to 1
3. All streets on 405 from 1 to parish line.
4. All streets on 308 to 945.
Zone 4 South East Crew 4 (Will begin Wednesday morning)
1. All streets south of I-10 to 22.
2. All streets south of I-10 from 22 to 44.
3. All street along 22 from I-10 to 61 (Sorrento)
Officials say if debris removal crews encounter debris piles that are too large to move, they will return the following day after adding the address to a list for extensive debris removal. Debris must be placed at the street right-of-way and should not be placed in ditches, near mailboxes, fire hydrants, electrical power lines, telephone boxes or gas meters.
Further instructions from parish officials say debris placed more than 10 feet from the curb will not be picked up as those items will be considered to be on private property. Debris should also not block the roadway.
Officials will establish and publicize a public drop-off point later this week, according to Rick Webre, director of the Ascension Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness.
If you have questions about debris removal or the pick-up schedule, contact the Ascension Parish Department of Public Works at (225) 450-1300.