Ascension Parish names candidates for Superintendent's job
GONZALES - The Ascension Parish School Board announced six candidates for its superintendent position.
In a press release Monday evening, the following finalists were announced:
- Rita B. Hernandez (Ed.D. - University of Houston) Area Assistant Superintendent for Middle and Elementary Schools, Brownsville Independent School District (Texas)
- Alonzo "Lonnie" Ray Luce (Ph.D. - Louisiana State University) Superintendent of Schools, St. James Parish Schools
- A. Katrise Perera (Ed.D. - Virginia Tech) National Director for Urban Markets, McGraw-Hill Education (Iowa)
- Harrison A. Peters (M.S. - Nova Southeastern University) School Support Officer, Houston Independent School District (Texas)
- Jerome Puyau (M.E. - University of Southwestern Louisiana) Superintendent of Schools, Vermillion Parish School Board
- Stacy L. Scott (Ed.D. - Harvard University) Superintendent, Framingham Public Schools (Massachusetts)
The final six were chosen from a list of 10 provided by a search firm which began with 47 applicants. Next week, the six candidates will undergo a first round of interviews. Afterward, the list will be narrowed to an unspecified number of finalists, and a second round of interviews will take place the following. After that, a new superintendent will be named.
Previous Superintendent Patrice Pujol announced she was leaving in January to become President of the National Institute of Excellence in Teaching. That group is based out of California.
In February, the school board appointed A. Denise Graves as interim superintendent.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Another Louisiana special session on taxes opens
Bridge on N. River Road impassable since 2016 flood, drivers demanding answers
WATCH: Python hunter rescues 4-foot alligator from the grip of a 10-foot...
Nutria spotted around City Park Lakes, best left alone
Power returning after thousands affected in EBR after outages
Temeka Johnson basketball camp about more than the game
Saints looking to fill backfield void during Ingram's 4-game absence
Saints RB Mark Ingram says he's 'not angry' with his contract
Sean Payton's coaching style propels him into 13th year with Saints
New coach excited to change basketball culture at Southern