Ascension Parish government opens up online mapping tool to public
GONZALES - Officials in Ascension Parish say parish government is excited to release an innovative online tool designed to allow the public to search parish maps and governmental services easily.
“From realtors and engineers to citizens looking for their school or fire district, this mapping application provides an amazing variety of useful and in depth information at the user’s fingertips,” said President Matassa.
The mapping application can already be found at maps.apgov.us providing searchable maps that present the following information:
- General map showcasing layered data for whole parish, including aerial image capture with state and parish roads
- Governmental services map, offering searchable data to allow users to locate the nearest law enforcement agency, medical facility, fire station, schools, parks, libraries and post officers. Garbage services, boat launches, churches and historical sites are also searchable.
- District map complete with searchable data for elected officials, school districts, fire districts, zoning districts, levee districts, drainage districts and lighting districts
- Maps with flood zones and elevations
- Maps offering property assessment data and DOTD traffic data
“Our technology department worked diligently to provide the public with quality data and an easy-to-use format. I am very pleased that Parish Government can offer this tool to increase access to information and to empower our citizenry for their learning and planning needs,” said President Matassa.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
TPSO: Women wanted for stealing money in fake plea to support sick...
Wingmania: Wings for a good cause
Arraignment expected for 4 involved in LSU hazing-related death
Concerns over construction prompt engineer to assess new downtown library
Drunk driver arrested following crash that killed couple on Florida Boulevard