Arrest made in deadly shooting at Baton Rouge bar
BATON ROUGE – A Baton Rouge man has been charged with murder for a deadly shooting outside The Duck Off Bar in December.
Kendrick Earl Griffin, 30, was charged with first degree murder and attempted first degree murder Tuesday morning.
According to arrest records, Baton Rouge Police were dispatched to The Duck Off Bar on Dec. 29 around 1:40 a.m. in reference to a shooting. At the scene, officers found Tharius Cutno dead in the parking lot with a gunshot wound to the head. A second man was also suffering gunshot wounds to his right arm and hand.
Reports say security video showed Cutno and the second victim standing near the bar’s entry door when a man wearing a white tank top and blue jeans approached them and opened fire.
Police say a witness said the two victims had been involved in an altercation inside the bar before the shooting. The witnesses tried to de-escalate the situation outside the bar when he saw Griffin motioning to him “asking for a gun.” The two victims had calmed down and were about to leave when the shooter pointed a handgun at Cutno’s head and fired a shot.
The witness said the shooter’s clothes matched what Griffin was wearing at the time of the shooting.
Griffin was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison Tuesday on the above charges.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Department of Health giving out free flu shots Thursday
Child injured, transported in shooting at Baton Rouge apartment
Young adults learn life-saving tactics through EMS Explorer Post program
Pump station upgrade on the way in Sherwood Forest
Police arrest teacher accused of abusing multiple students at Baker school