Arlington National Cemetery evacuated after bomb threat
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) - Arlington National Cemetery has been evacuated as authorities respond to a bomb threat.
The cemetery said on its social media pages late Wednesday morning that all families, visitors and employees had been evacuated safely from public buildings and work areas. The threat was being investigated.
The cemetery says it will be closed to the public for the rest of the day, but open for funeral attendees and family pass holders.
No further details were immediately available.
Hundreds of thousands of service members, veterans and their families have been laid to rest in the cemetery just outside the nation's capital.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Drew Brees to undergo thumb surgery after injuring hand in Sunday game
Louisiana insurance commissioner faces intraparty challenger
Classes canceled after weekend fire at SU nursing school
Overnight house fire reported on Virginia Street
Local 8th grader's school project earns national praise
Fans' Choice Award Winner 2019: Week 1- Isaiah Jones
Coach O Postgame after Lsu defeats Texas 45-38
Hunter Register leads Southern's offense despite loss to McNeese
Taylor Bannister's journey to becoming a LSU Volleyball Superstar
Late Position Battle at Middle Linebacker A Positive for LSU