Argument, threat leads to school lockdown
BATON ROUGE - Authorities placed a Baton Rouge school on lockdown after sheriff's deputies said two kids got into an argument, and a bystander threatened to get a gun.
A sheriff's department spokesperson said the argument happened mid-morning at Southeast Middle School.
Deputies said during the altercation a third student made a comment that suggested he was going to get a weapon. Deputies put the school on lockdown while they searched every student and every room in the school, but found no weapon.
A school spokesperson said the student who made the threat had been submitted for expulsion.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Confusing addresses have some Zachary residents asking for change
Barge removal started on False River
Flood victims could qualify for new bathroom, kitchen
New details on Vice President Mike Pence's visit to Baton Rouge Wednesday
Cop's alleged racist messages on gay chat app under investigation