Area utility worker rescued after being shocked, stranded at top of pole
ANGOLA – A utility worker was shocked by an electric volt while working at the top of a utility pole Friday morning, authorities released in a Facebook post.
The West Feliciana Parish Fire District 1 reported the worker was shocked around 5:45 and was stranded at the top of the pole. Firefighters arrived and after about 30 minutes, were able to rescue the worker.
The West Feliciana Parish Sheriff's Office and Angola State Penitentiary first responders assisted, the department said.
The shocked utility worker was rushed to the hospital with moderate injuries. A second worker was hospitalized with heat exhaustion and cramps, authorities said.
A specific location of where this happened was not released.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU caretakers respond to Mike the Tiger pouncing video
Some Metro Councilmemebers like new road tax plan better than last one
Asian carp a growing concern for fisherman
Remains of local Marine killed in car crash return home Wednesday
Raising Cane's employees fired over video showing unsanitary behavior
LSU Track star Aleia Hobbs happy she could represent her home state...
14-year-old CoCo Gauff wants to be the next star in pro tennis
Pete Jenkins reflects on 2017 season
Temeka Johnson basketball camp about more than the game
Saints looking to fill backfield void during Ingram's 4-game absence