Apartment catches fire in Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters responded to an apartment fire early this morning at the Warren House apartments in Baton Rouge.
It happened just before 8:30 this morning in the 2600 block of Airline Hwy.
Investigators say the fire started from an unattended pot left on the stove in one of the units.
They believe the tenant fell asleep while cooking and woke up to the smell of smoke.
Firefighters say he tried to put out the flames, but it grew out of control.
The fire gutted his apartment and damaged the walkway outside.
Three other units sustained minor smoke damage.
No injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
North Carolina police release dash cam shooting footage (Warning: Graphic Video)
North Carolina police release shooting footage (Graphic video warning)
West BR to implement traffic flow measures on LA 1 starting Monday
Man claims his severe losses came from contractor, not flood
Local teen prepares for 9th open heart surgery