AP Source: San Bernardino shooter contacted extremists online
SAN BERNARDINO - A U.S. intelligence official says one of the shooters who killed 14 people in California had been in touch on social media with extremists who are under FBI scrutiny.
The official would not further describe the contacts by Syed Rizwan Farook. He would not be quoted because he was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.
The official says investigators are still trying to determine whether and how he became radicalized and whether he was in contact with any foreign terrorist organization.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU grad student performs stunning rendition of national anthem for Miss. lawmakers
EXCLUSIVE video as suspect surrenders after interstate police chase
Short video clip of the end of the police chase
Police chase unfolds on I-10 in Tuesday traffic
Women Praying for Women: Prayer brunch set for Saturday