Ammonia leak leads to evacuation in Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE - Authorities evacuated an area of Baton Rouge after a reported ammonia leak this afternoon.
The leak was reported at the Reddy Ice facility on Myrtle Ave. Ammonia was found leaking from coolers at the business.
Law enforcement evacuated a two-block radius around the business, including the nearby St. Francis Xavier Academy. Parents can pick up their kids from the Pre-K school across the street from St. Francis.
News 2 is on the scene and will have more on this breaking story at 4 p.m.