Posted: Jan 10, 2013 9:12 PM by Trey Schmaltz
Updated: Jan 10, 2013 9:12 PM
BATON ROUGE- People who were evacuated from their homes when ammonia leaked from an ice facility were allowed to return late Thursday evening.
The leak was reported at the Reddy Ice facility on Myrtle Ave. Ammonia was found leaking from coolers at the business.
Law enforcement evacuated a two-block radius around the business, including the nearby St. Francis Xavier Academy.
There were no reported illnesses as a result of the leak.