Administrator opens probe of spill claims lawyer
NEW ORLEANS - The administrator of a multibillion-dollar settlement from the 2010 BP oil spill in the Gulf is pledging to thoroughly investigate allegations of misconduct by one of his staff attorneys.
Court-appointed claims administrator Patrick Juneau said in a statement Friday that both BP and claimants "rightfully expect fairness and objectivity from this claims process."
London-based BP issued a statement saying only a "comprehensive and independent investigation will ensure the integrity of the claims process."
BP previously sued to block what could be billions of dollars in payouts to businesses over the spill. The company says Juneau has made decisions that expose BP to fictitious losses that were never contemplated in the settlement.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Gunfire outside Sorrento landfill escalates enviromental fight
Reported two alarm apartment fire on Titian Ave. near N Donmoor Ave.
20-year-old wanted for shooting near Doe's restaurant on Government Street
Legally blind teacher works, can't get disability assistance
Community gathers to honor Martin Luther King Jr. on MLK Day