Posted: Sep 27, 2013 9:07 AM
Updated: Sep 27, 2013 9:07 AM
BATON ROUGE - The Red Cross is assisting six people after they were forced out of their apartment building Friday morning by fire.
Fire officials blame an electrical malfunction in an upstairs unit on the blaze at the four-plex on N. 39th.
Two units in the building were occupied at the times. Everyone was able to get out safely.
Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading, but other units received heavy smoke and water damage.