6 finalists for Southern University-Shreveport chancellor
SHREVEPORT - Six semifinalists are in the running for chancellor of Southern University at Shreveport.
The Southern University System Board of Supervisors' Chancellor Search Committee named them Friday as:
- Rodney Ellis, higher education consultant and former chancellor of Central Louisiana Technical and Community College in Alexandria
- Aubra Gantt, vice president for academic outreach and student services for Tarrant County College District in Texas
- Johnny Moore, vice president student and outreach services for Northeast Texas Community College
- Elizabeth D. Swinford, superintendent of the Tuscaloosa County School System
- Sandra Tucker, dean of the School of Nursing at Bethune-Cookman University
- Boyce Williams, president and CEO of The National Alliance of Learning, Inc. in Washington, D.C.
Semifinalists will be interviewed Jan. 29, in Shreveport.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
More businesses taking shape at Nicholson Gateway
Good Samaritan rescues 4-year-old left behind on hot school bus
Surveillance footage catches pair of juveniles stealing from home in broad daylight
One transported after construction crane falls on vehicle in Henderson
DOTD to discuss widening of LA 44, roundabout in Ascension Parish