4th man in custody in Minneapolis shootings
MINNEAPOLIS - Law enforcement officials say Minneapolis police have a fourth person in custody in the shootings of five Black Lives Matter protesters but that a decision on whether to file charges won't come before Monday.
Police said Wednesday they had taken a 27-year-old man into custody, but released no other details. Police announced a day earlier that three white men - ages 26, 23 and 21 - were in custody.
The Hennepin County Attorney's Office says prosecutors were granted an extension to consider charges in the case, but that no decision would be made before Monday.
The protesters were shot after they confronted several people near the north side police precinct that has been the site of demonstrations since police fatally shot 24-year-old Jamar Clark. None of the protesters suffered life-threatening injuries.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Contractor calls out competition for taking credit for his work
2 dead, 3 injured in crash on Hwy 190 in Livonia
Storage unit renters refunded following 2 On Your Side report
Louisiana wetlands disappearing; attempts for restoration underway
Attempts to force big industry off Baton Rouge water