19th JDC and BR City Court to hold Traffic Ticket Day
BATON ROUGE – The 19th Judicial District Court and the Baton Rouge City Court announced that it will be holding a day where drivers can take care of their traffic tickets.
The "Traffic Ticket Day" will be held on Saturday, Oct. 8 from 8 a.m. to noon.
- Pay their traffic tickets. (Drivers can pay in full or in part)
- Reset a court date (even if the court date has passed)
- Have a case heard and adjudicated, by City Court only, by pleading not guilty.
- Get assistance with a traffic ticket from the Traffic Court judge, prosecutors and public defenders by District Court only.
- Have a bench warrant recalled.
If a ticket was given by Baton Rouge City Police, ticket holders should go to Baton Rouge City Court at 233 St. Louis Street. (Cell phones are not allowed in the building)
Tickets written by other law enforcement agencies, such as the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Department, Louisiana State Police, LSU Police or Southern University Police are handled by the 19th Judicial District Court located at 300 North Boulevard. (Cell phones are allowed in the 19th JDC courthouse)
For more information about the Baton Rouge City Court traffic day, call 225 389 5289 or
389-5279 ext. 1 and for more information about the 19th JDC (District Court) Traffic Day, call 225 389 4761.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
New Roads mayor resigns, pleads no contest to malfeasance charges
Flood victims approaching deadline to move out of FEMA trailers
1 dead, another hurt after attack in Ascension Thursday
'Mass illness' sickens hundreds after jambalaya fundraiser
Mayor announces crime-fighting collaboration with AmeriCorps