11 New Orleans park shooting victims were under age 21
NEW ORLEANS - Officials in New Orleans are calling on people in the community to come forward with information on a mass shooting that ended with 17 people wounded.
Mayor Mitch Landrieu, speaking to a press conference Monday, said given the number of people who were at the park Sunday evening where the shooting happened that it is "pretty clear that people know who they are."
Police said eleven of the victims were under the age of 21. Most have been discharged from the hospital but Landrieu said one will likely never walk again.
Police are still searching for the gunmen who opened fire in the park where hundreds had gathered for a block party and music video filming.
The mayor has called a community gathering for 5 p.m. Monday at the park.
WWL-TV reported a total list of injuries from the shooting provided by NOPD:
A list of those who were injured and their injuries has been provided by the NOPD:
- 14-year-old girl shot to leg
- 16-year-old girl with graze wound to backside
- 17-year-old girl with graze wound to leg
- 19-year-old woman shot to left heel
- 21-year-old woman with three shots to her lower back
- 21-year-old woman shot to the backside
- 21-year-old woman shot in the thigh
- 22-year-old woman graze wound to the thigh
- 29-year-old woman shot to the foot
- 10-year-old boy shot to the thigh
- 20-year-old man graze wound to foot, shot in leg
- 21-year-old man graze wound to left hand
- 22-year-old man shot to the groin
- 29-year-old man shot to the arm
- 37-year-old man graze wound to back of the head