1 injured during Seven Pines Avenue house fire
BATON ROUGE - Unattended cooking is blamed for a fire that damaged the kitchen of a home on Seven Pines Avenue early Friday afternoon.
The St. George Fire Department reports they responded to the blaze shortly after 1 p.m., and they had the fire extinguished less than 10 minutes later. Damage was limited to the kitchen as investigators say unattended cooking was behind the house fire.
According to firefighters, one of the two residents of the home suffered a non-fire related injury after the fire started. They were transported by EMS to a local hospital for treatment.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Business Owner wants to help revitalize Northgate neighborhood
High-profile sex offender able to post expensive bond; released from jail
Comite Diversion Canal fully funded, project could start soon
Authorities rescue man dangling from power line after work accident along LA...
Attorney requests change of venue, cites Confederate monument